Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
- Lower left image: Brushstrokes (1965) by Roy Lichtenstein
- Lower right image: interior panel illustrated by Dick Giordano that was swiped by pop culture artist Roy Lichtenstein without attribution
- Brushstrokes kicked off a number of follow-up Lichtenstein paintings with the same motif of a simple brushstroke
- 1st appearance of Sarge Steel
- [December 2020 a casting for Peacemaker includes the name Sarge but it’s not confirmed to be Sarge Steel. Previously we reported an inside source informed us that the Peacemaker series would utilize pre-DC Charlton characters. This includes Judomaster, Captain Atom, Nightshade, Thunderbolt, The Question and Blue Bettle (Garrett and Kord)]
- [February 2021 - Judomaster confirmed yet it is not known what other Charlton characters will appear]
- Photo headshots of The Rolling Stones on the cover, two-page band biography inside
- Premiere issue of 'Hollywood Romances' one of two series that split off from the title 'Brides of Love'
- 1st appearance and origin of Brute, a Neanderthal thawed from ice in the modern day
- Former owner of Marvel Comics, Martin Goodman, wanted to get back into publishing and established Atlas Comics with characters like The Brute to replicate the success Marvel had with the Hulk
- Veteran artist Mike Sekowsky did not respect the unoriginality of Atlas's creative direction and expressed his feelings on the page with the word 'SHIT' vaguely hidden in the letters/numbers 5H17 on the side of an airplane
- 1st appearance of Vixen, the first black female member of the Justice League of America
- [October 2020 - a unconfirmed project is rumored to be in the works for HBO Max]