Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
- 1st team appearance of the Secret Warriors: Nick Fury, Phobos, Slingshot, Quake, Stonewall, Hellfire and Druid2
- 1st appearance of Stonewall, son of the Absorbing Man
- 1st appearance of Druid, son of Doctor Druid
- 1st appearance of Hellfire, descendant of the Phantom Rider
- 1st appearance of Yo-Yo Rodriguez AKA Slingshot
- Cover art inspired by Avengers #16
- [May 2020 - Secret Warriors team is rumored to appear in the MCU]
- 1st appearance of Sister Sara as Caretaker
- 1st full cameo appearance of Zadkiel, overseer of the Spirits of Vengeance
- Death of the first Caretaker
- Sister Sara has a vision of many Ghost Riders
- 1st team appearance of the Secret Avengers: Captain America, War Machine, Black Widow, Valkyrie, Beast, Nova and Moon Knight
- 1st team appearance of the Shadow Council
- Beginning of the 'Heroic Age' according to Marvel
- Variant cover art by Marko Djudjevic (1:25)
- Connects with the following 2010 first issues:
- Avengers Prime #1
- New Avengers #1
- Avengers Academy #1
- Avengers #1
- Secret Avengers #1
- Variant cover art by Marko Djurdjevic (1:25)
- Connecting cover with five other variants in this six-issue series
- Teaser page at the end of the issue with a partial image of Ultimate Fallout #4, specifically Miles Morales from the chest down, holding the Spider-Man mask
- 1st appearance of Miles Morales.
- 1:25 variant cover art by Marko Djurdjevic.
- Swinging back onto the Hot 10 this week is a book that just refuses to cool down.
- Rumors abound that Sony has cast their live action Miles Morales and fans are gobbling up copies again before the news is officially announced.
- We at Key Collector have been hearing these rumors for weeks and have been working to confirm them for just as long.
- Don't miss the Spec Deck. Those following the category got the news of the rumor days before anyone else ran it.
- We have yet to confirm 100% that the rumor is true but our sources are being unusually and suspiciously tight lipped.
- With Sony looking to mine as much of the Spider-Man family as they can, the success of Enter The Spider-Verse for Sony and Kevin Feige, who has openly discussed wanting to push the Marvel characters into diversity, producing all the pieces feel aligned for this to be a major part of Spider-Man 3.
- We've already heard rumors that Toby McGuire and Jaime Foxx will return to their roles from previous incarnations of the film franchise.
- Moreover, Doctor Strange is confirmed to be appearing in the sequel. A likely sign that they will be expanding the multiverse consequences of Doctor Strange 2 and a logical way to integrate Miles into the MCU.
- Moreover, this books incredible run up this year (from a 2019 average of $2,325 for a 9.8 to a 90 day average of $8,375 and all-time highs of $9,000 in August) feels like something more than just collectors finally giving this book, it's rarity and this character their due.
- Could this run up have been fueled by Hollywood insiders working on or working in a capacity that they were privy to details on Miles Morales' entry into the MCU.
- It's happened before with books like Fantastic Four #52. Seemingly forgotten books are zapped to life for no apparent reason weeks or months before a major MCU announcement.
- If the rumors prove true and if Miles is entering the MCU and not just a featured cameo from the multiverse, this book will likely run up again.
- But where will it top out? How high can it go? This book has become the defining book of its era and it's a very good time to be an era defining book. Case in point: Incredible Hulk #181 and Amazing Spider-Man #300.
- After dipping slightly in recent weeks we've seen a flurry of activity this week with 9.8 copies hitting as high as $8k.
- Even more surprising is that we are seeing a volume of sales that surpasses anything we've seen for this book this year.
- We've confirmed four 9.8 private sales in the last two days at $8,000, $7,750, $7,500 and $7,750, a 9.6 sale at $3,400, a 9.4 at $2,000 on eBay and a raw copy at $1,850 on eBay.
- As insane as these prices are the variant is not the king of the Miles roost. Be on the lookout for the incredibly rare Newsstand edition.
- This edition features the A cover with a newsstand barcode and 'Black Panther' erroneously printed in the UPC box.
- A CGC 8.0 copy sold on eBay this week for a staggering $2,750 once again proving that there is a larger premium placed on Newsstands for this book than any other edition.
- 2020 has seen an explosion of interest in Newsstand editions with modern era Newsstands outpacing their ratio variant counter parts.
- CGC does not currently break out Newsstand editions making it difficult to accurately pin down numbers.
- Unlike direct market (comic shop) orders, Newsstand sales were returnable and unsold copies were destroyed. Current data places Newsstand print runs at approximately 1-3% of the 74,000 direct market orders for Ultimate Fallout #4.
- Experts have tracked approx. 50 discovered Newsstand copies so far with only 4 confirmed CGC 9.6 copies and 1 confirmed CGC 9.8.
- Newsstand editions are notoriously difficult to find in high grade. Distribution, display and browsing habits are very different from direct market systems meaning oftentimes, issues are carelessly handled or read significantly. But it's not just the ratio and Newsstand variants that are doing well. Every cover of this book saw an explosion of sales volume this week from the A cover to the second print.
- Whether the rumor proves to be true or not this book has proved it is going to keep growing.
- And with an upcoming video game and a sequel to the Enter The Spider-Verse movie underway there is lots to get collectors excited.