Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
Nick's Picks Weekly 20
A curated list of unique eBay finds, impressive sales and comic trivia that I think you'll enjoy Refreshed every Wednesday ✅ Subscribe for just $1.99 or save $3.98 and subscribe for the year
- Cover art by Jack Kirby featuring concept art for the unmade film, "Lord of Light"
- Kirby's art would later be used as a prop in the CIA rescue mission of six Americans who escaped Iran in 1980 by posing as the film crew of a fake movie called "Argo"
- Blank sketch cover
- The Deluxe Edition of the first Garbage Pail Kids comic was polybagged with a GPK trading card/sticker. There are three versions of the Comic Con Ron card: a white border, a black border and the rarest, red border
- Second printing
- 218-page, softcover price guide published in 1970 by Robert M. Overstreet
- Print run: 800 copies
- Original retail price: $5.00
- 1st appearance of Lord Dark Wind, a scientist who invented the process of adamantium bonding to bone
- There are 5 types of adamantium in the mainstream Marvel universe: Proto - Captain America's shield is made of this kind, Primary - the kind that's bonded to Wolverine's skeleton, Secondary - an adamantium/steel alloy, Beta - a version of True adamantium that changes on a molecular level when grafted to bone, Adamantine - an adamantium/gold alloy
- The Simpsons annual anthology of Halloween stories including:
- The Sub-Basement of Dracula written by Marv Wolfman, illustrated by Gene Colan
- Squish Thing written by Len Wein, illustrated by Bernie Wrightson
- Additional writers and artists: Bill Morrison, Angelo Torres, John Severin, Mark Schultz and Al Williamson
- Copies ordered by retailers: 12,266