Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
KCC Music III
A categorical listing of KCC Music III curated by Key Collector Comics.
- 1st Underground comic published in Detroit
- *the term "Underground" refers to self-published comics in the late 60s/early 70s that disregarded the Comics Code with adult-oriented stories
- Back cover advertisement of music acts performing at the Grande Ballroom: Jethro Tull, Chuck Berry, The Who
- Stories by Robert Crumb and other notable names of the sub-genre
- Illustrations by famed concert poster artists Carl Lundgren and Gary Grimshaw
- Officially licensed comic book series that adapts Grateful Dead songs into stories
- Song adaptations include: Alligator, Scarlet Begonias, Playin' in the Band, Invocation (unrecorded), Copper (unrecorded)
- Two-page 'Where's Jerry?' game similar to 'Where's Waldo?'
- A heavy metal band prophesied to bring about the Metalocalypse hits a snag with sponsors and decide to launch a line of frozen dinners to reclaim their metal throne
- [May 2021 - animated movie in the works for digital and DVD released followed by premieres on HBO Max and Adult Swim]
- Variant cover art by Ed Piskor featuring Christopher Wallace AKA The Notorious B.I.G.
- Included with the comic is a Flexi-Postcard with is a playable vinyl insert with a track by Jorun Bombay called Hip Hop Family Tree
- Webstore exclusive featuring band members of 311 as intergalactic superheroes
- Limited print run, sold out
- Values reflect sold copies that have been autographed by band members