Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
A categorical listing of Miracleman curated by Key Collector Comics.
- 1st appearance and origin of Captain Marvel, later renamed Shazam
- 1st appearance of the Wizard Shazam
- 1st appearance of Dr. Sivana, a scientific genius and the archenemy of Captain Marvel
- 1st appearance of Ibis the Invincible and Spy Smasher
- 1st team appearance of the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man, later renamed the Seven Deadly Sins
- While not a precise swipe of Action Comics #1 artwork, this cover and other aspects of Captain Marvel led to DC (formerly National) filing a lawsuit against Fawcett for Captain Marvel too closely resembling Superman
- *premiere issue of the series though the copyright notes read issue #2
- *there exists a very scarce Ashcan edition of this issue
- 1st appearance of Marvelman, later renamed Miracleman, a young man who transformed into a superhero by saying 'Kimota' which is Atomik spelled backwards
- The development of Miracleman occurred after DC/National won a lawsuit against Fawcett that prohibited the use of Captain Marvel, later renamed Shazam, due to his likeness to Superman
- The UK publisher of Captain Marvel reprints, facing a devastating financial blow, successfully renamed, redesigned and re-marketed Captain Marvel into Marvelman