Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
Omega Level Mutants
🔺Omega Level Mutants are an extremely powerful class of mutants 🎁 Thank you for your continued support 🎁 🔻VIEW🔻 💯 100+ MORE CATEGORIES 💯👆 TAP ADDITIONAL 📲ON THE MAIN SCREEN
- 1st appearance of Moira McTaggert, an Omega Level Mutant who reincarnates and retains her memory
- Debut of Wolverine's berserker rage
- 1st appearance of Steven Lang, one of the Sentinel program pioneers
- 1st appearance of the new X-Men.
- 1st appearance of Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Thunderbird. 3rd appearance of Wolverine (some resources label this the 2nd full appearance).
- 1st appearance of Illyana Rasputin (as a child) and Krakoa, the Living Island.
- 1st use of 'snikt' sound effect.
- Coming in at number 7 is a book that is riding a tsunami of interest in the X-Men coming to the MCU.
- No record breakers this week but a massive volume of sales and some very strong sales on ComicLink keep this book on fire.
- Last month, during the Heritage Platinum Session Comics & Comic Art Signature Auction we saw a CGC 9.8 White Page copy end at a whopping $19,200 (up from the previous all-time high of $16,257).
- One week later, the book proved that this new price point was here to stay as an off-white page copy sold on eBay for $18,075.
- This week, we saw top 5 prices for virtually every grade in the nine points and a joint all-time high for the CGC 7.5
- This book has seen incredible gains this year but feels like it still has room to grow.
- And with X-Men in the MCU news in our future there is plenty of reasons for it to catch up.
- Quick recap: When the Disney acquisition of Fox was announced in 2018 it sent X-Men keys (which had been to that point overlooked by collectors in favor of keys involving the MCU characters) rocketing to new heights.
- When it comes to the X-Men, Marvel Studios will most certainly deviate from the territory mined by Fox. The smart money is on Marvel to focus on characters that the public is familiar with especially those that were popularized by the animated shows. Conveniently for collectors, many of those classic characters were introduced in this issue.
- 1st appearance of Annihilus, ruler of the Negative Zone
- 1st appearance of Franklin Richards, as an infant (unnamed), considered by Marvel to be the most powerful mutant in the Marvel Universe
- 1st appearance of the Cosmic Control Rod
- 1st team appearance of the X-Men.
- 1st appearance of Cyclops, Jean Grey aka Marvel Girl (later becomes Phoenix), Iceman, Angel, Beast, Professor X and Magneto.
- The concept of Homo Superior, coined by Magneto to describe humans born with special abilities, is introduced in this issue.
- Climbing to number 5 this week and consolidating power from all X-men books is the OG of X-Men keys
- Giant Size X-Men #1 and Hulk #181 have reached insane heights that are many multiples of where they were just a few years ago.
- With the whole market slowly slightly this week (perhaps the stimulus checks finally ran out) collectors have moved back to the granddaddy of X-Men books.
- This week we saw a 4.0 copy change hands at $10,100 (up from a previous high of $7,395).
- And a 0.5 copy hit $2,750 (up from $2,300).
- Interest is building ferociously for X-Men keys in anticipation of their entry into the MCU.
- The run up of GSX 1 and Hulk 181 has made lower and mid grade copies of this book seem cheap in comparison.