Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
9 Undervalued Silver Keys
Thank you for supporting the continued development of Key Collector Comics when utilizing our eBay links on ANY purchase at no additional cost to you
- 1st appearance of Sgt. Nick Fury
- 1st team appearance of the Howling Commandos: Happy Sam Sawyer, Dino Manelli, Dum Dum Dugan, Junior Juniper, Rebel Ralston and Gabe Jones
- 1st appearance of Doctor Strange
- 1st appearance of the Ancient One, former Sorcerer Supreme
- 1st appearance of Wong, Doctor Strange's assistant
- 1st appearance of Nightmare, in shadows
- [December 2019 - Doctor Strange is rumored to make an appearance in the WandaVision TV series]
- 1st appearance and origin of Daredevil
- 1st appearance of Foggy Nelson and Karen Page.
- Making its first appearance on the new Hot 10 but very likely not it's last is perhaps the most undervalued book in Silver Age comics.
- Last weeks @x tip was to keep an eye on this book as it was due a correction.
- This week we have a new high sale in grade for a 9.0 at $18,000 (up from a previous high of $13,200).
- A new all-time high in grade for an 8.0 at $6,900 (up from $6,600. The $9k sale at GPA is an error).
- A big jump for a 4.0 to $2,150 (up from $1,900).
- A new high in grade for a 3.0 of $1,700 followed quickly by a sale at $1,680.
- Meanwhile, a 2.5 matched the high for that grade of $1,250 set in 2018 and raws are now trading at $4,000.
- Daredevil has been out of the public eye on the media front since his hit tv show was canceled at Netflix so that they could focus on content they owned wholly.
- Most collectors are unaware that Marvel does not yet have the rights back and assume that because there is no news on the MCU side that Daredevil is not of interest to Kevin Feige.
- In truth, Daredevil returns to Marvel and is available for the MCU in 2021 (in just over 3 months).
- Daredevil was created during the period known as the Birth of the Marvel Universe. A period that gave us the majority of the major Marvel characters (and collectible first appearance) e.g. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, X-Men, FF etc.
- His depth of characterization and breath of storytelling rival and often surpass those greats with all time runs from Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, Mark Waid and Kevin Smith just to name a few.
- There is a long held belief that Daredevil is a more readily available than the first appearances of the other major marvel characters because there is more supply. The CGC Census. however, places Daredevil lower than both the X-Men and Avengers first issues.
- The book represents a big opportunity in its highest grades if a correction continues.
- Even with the big correction on the 9.0 grade, the book lags significantly behind the other birth of the Marvel Universe era books.
- In the same grade, Amazing Fantasy 15 is a $450-500k book, FF1 is $160k, Hulk 1 is $215k, Journey Into Mystery 83 is $43k, Tales of Suspense 39 is $47k, X-Men 1 is 70k, even Avengers 1 which features no 1st apps is $50k.
- Daredevil is also benefiting from a return to blue chip books by collectors.
- 1st full appearance of Galactus
- 2nd appearance and 1st cover appearance of the Silver Surfer
- 1st appearance of the Punisher, a cyborg servant of Galactus