All New Marvel Now! Point One #1 Variants
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
- Variant cover art by Steve McNiven (1:75)
- 1st full appearance of Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel, interior story
- Rumors are swirling that someone has been reaching out to big money collectors claiming to have more than 100 but less than 1,000 copies of this book for sale in bundles at a below market price. We have yet to verify these rumors beyond a shadow of a doubt but feel confident enough in the evidence we have seen to include this information as a warning to collectors. This scenario has long been a fear for collectors of modern keys as the mechanics of printing are such that it makes sense for publishers to produce far more copies of a book (including variants) than are needed in case of damages. Excess copies are to then be destroyed at a later date.
- Publishers (with a few notable exceptions who are vigilant about excess like Brian Pulido, Vault Comics and pre-DMG Valiant) have been known to send excess copies to markets they believe will not be traced back despite the probable hit to collectors.
- Stories abound of collectors pulling Ultimate Fallout #4 1:25 variants from comic bundles at Five Below stores in the early 2010s. A fact that kept that book at reasonable prices despite the spectacular popularity of Miles Morales for almost a decade.
- Similar events have been seen in the Silver and Bronze Age. Most notably, the Mile High II collection included dozens (if not hundreds) of copies of blue chip books like Fantastic Four #48 and Incredible Hulk #181 and kept prices on both well below contemporaries for decades