Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
- 8-page interview with Barry Windsor-Smith, the storyteller behind Wolverine's origin, specifically, the origin of his adamantium claws and the Weapon X program
- Pre-release marketing of the Infinity Gauntlet event in an article titled 'Marvel's 1991 Projects'
- Cover art by Sam Kieth
- Origin of Wolverine, specifically the first time he is referred to as Weapon X in the chronological order of the story
- Though the character introduced in Incredible Hulk #180 (1974) was named The Wolverine aka Weapon X, an origin story hadn't been developed yet
- One enduring rumor was that he was initially meant to be the actual animal, evolved with the assistance from the High Evolutionary but this was dispelled by Len Wein, the writer who is credited for creating the character, though this has also been disputed
- An argument could be made that the real creator, at least in part, was a comic book fan named Andy Olsen whose sketch of a character with what appears to be a metal skeleton and healing abilities named The Wolverine, was published 1.5 years before The Incredible Hulk #180 in the Marvel fanzine, Foom #2
- Olsen has never been credited or compensated for any inspiration that may have been derived from the sketch
- View Mr. Olsen’s sketch attached to the entry for Foom #2 by tapping the cover and swiping