Search by Title
Filter by Timeframe
Hide Key facts, Own, Want and Buy options.
🗝 The Top 100 Comic Books From The Copper Age 🎁 Please utilize the eBay links when making ANY purchase to help the continued development of Key Collector Comics
- 1st appearance of Beta Ray Bill, a Korbinite alien worthy of picking up Mjolnir
- [November 2017 - a sculpture of a familiar face jutting out from the Grandmaster's tower in Thor Ragnarok proves that Beta Ray Bill exists in the MCU and adds credibility to the persistent rumors that he will appear in either Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 or Thor 4: Love & Thunder]
- 1st team appearance and origin of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Donatello, Leonardo, Raphael, Michelangelo
- 1st appearance of Shredder
- 1st appearance of Splinter
- First print can be identified by having an ad for the comic titled 'Gobbledygook' and has a print run of 3,000 copies
- 1st appearance of Blue Devil, a 16-page original story preceding Blue Devil #1
- 1st appearance of Bug
- Origin of Byte
- 1st appearance of Marla Bloom
- 1st appearance of Edward Bloomberg, later becomes Kid Devil then Red Devil
- 1st appearance of Miyamoto Usagi aka Usagi Yojimbo (Yojimbo is Japanese for bodyguard).
- It was announced in July of 2020 that Netflix has set-up Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles, an animated series based on the book and to be produced by James Wan.
- Rather than depict the adventures of Usagi Yojimbo, the series will follow a teenage descendent of the great warrior.
- July 2020 also saw a monster record breaking 9.8 sale of $19,800 (up from $7,000 just two years ago).
- The book is part of the 80's independent comics explosion that included Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Rocketeer, The Tick, The Crow & Grendel.
- Turtles one has been climbing steadily for the last decade and now rivals Silver Age keys for attention. Albedo #2 seems to be following in its footsteps.
- Books of this era have very small print runs and were mostly self distributed making surviving copies rare with high grade copies having become incredibly rare. Despite having a print run of 2,000, Albedo #2 has only 174 universal graded copies present on the CGC census.
- Published by a fleeting company called Thoughts & Images, the stories center on anthropomorphic animals.
- 1st full appearance of John Constantine aka Hellblazer.
- One of the most popular and most published modern era DC Comics characters.
- Adapted into a live action movie starring Keanu Reeves in 2005.
- This week Constantine director Francis Lawrence discussed his desire to reteam with Keanu for a sequel.
- Rumors circulate that Constantine will be a lead in the upcoming JJ Abrams produced Justice League Dark TV series for HBO Max.
- Recently rumors have begun circulating that Constantine may appear in the upcoming Sandman TV series.
- 2 mega 9.8 sales occurred this week breaking the previous all-time sales high record twice. On Saturday, a 9.8 copy sold for $895, then on Wednesday a 9.8 copy sold for $995 (up from an average of $600 in 2019).
- It's likely this book is correcting after being undervalued since the last run up occured in the early 2000s.
- Premiere issue written by Alan Moore
- Miracleman based off the British character Marvelman
- *Marvel will publish Miracleman #25, an issue written by Neal Gaiman in 1993 that was never published due to legal issues surrounding intellectual property